Sunday




X'mas is Near but....

This thing sold for $180. I realize there are some gift buying going on, but my jaws would have dropped if I had gotten this one as a gift. Of course, I would thank the giver. What would I do with it? Use it as a coaster, perhaps. Can anyone think of any other uses for this item?

Seller writes:

RARE** ANTIQUE DATED 1758? 1778? REVERSE PAINTED GEORGE WASHINGTON SILHOUETTE!

Description
You are bidding on a beautiful rare antique reverse painted George Washington silhouette! This is an amazing little piece and it is in great conidtion for its age. It is signed and dated though i'm not 100% certain of the date or who the artist was. It looks like it is dated 1758 or 1778 or 1798...i'm really not certain. It is signed very simply with a Y. There is a small curved chip in the glass, see pics, but no other damage as far as I could see. If anyone has any info they can add it would be greatly appreciated! I picked this up at a recent estate sale.

No comments: